History of good colombian performance.
October 28th / 2015
|Fabian Puerta lead Colombia in UCI World Cup Cali 2015.
The Track Selection Colombia arrived since Monday to the city of Cali, after prior concentration in Medellin under the direction of national team coaches John Jaime Gonzalez in the speed and Jose Julian Velasquez in the Endurance.
The big attraction undoubtedly Fabian Puerta, who comes to Cali as number one world ranking of Speed ??and Keirin. The Colombian rider competing use the shirt that distinguishes it as the current king of these modalities.
Juan Esteban Arango gets very lively to contest the Omnium and regain that level that made the Olympic podium candidate in 2012. "After the RCN Classic I focused on track and now my feelings are good. This will be a hotly race with rival Omnium premier as English Ed Clancy or Italian Elia Viviani, that makes it open for everyone".
Arango, with four gold medals, three silver and two bronze is the Colombian multi medalist in the Classic of the Track World Cup. Fabian Puerta followed with three golds, three silvers and three bronzes.
Arango, who will participate in this year's test Omnium has won four golds, two test Omnium, a more in Madison (American) accompanied by Weimar Roldan in 2011 and again by the persecution team.
Colombian Track History
22 gold medals achieved Colombian track in the history of their stakes in global tournaments, of which seven were achieved World Championships elite and youth and 15 valid for the World Cup.
The first gold medal was handled by Martin "Cochise" Rodriguez on August 25, 1971, when he won the individual pursuit at the World Championships in Varese (Italy)
Antioquia sprinter Fabian Puerta Cali won the 2015 gold medal in the Keirin and bronze in speed, adding to those achieved in 2012 at Kilometer and Keirin. That same year also won the silver medal in the individual speed and its participation in Guadalajara (Mexico) in November 2014, managed paths bronze medals in the Keirin and individual speed.
These are the 15 gold medals won by Colombia in the Classic of the Track World Cup since its staging in 1993.
- Fabian Puerta - - - Keirin - - - Cali - - - Ene 18/15
- Milena Salcedo - - - Scracht - - - Londres - - - Dic 05/14
- Juliana Gaviria - - - Keirin - - - Cali - - - Oct 13/12
- Fabian Puerta - - - Kilometer - - - Cali - - - Oct 12/12
- Fabian Puerta - - - Keirin - - - Cali - - - Oct 11/12
- Teams Pursuit- - - 4:05.446 - - - Cali - - - Oct 11/12
Juan E. Arango
- Juan E. Arango - - - Omnium - - - Londres - - - Mar/12
- Juan E. Arango and Weimar Roldán - - - Madison - - - Cali - - - 2011
- Juan E. Arango - - - Omniun - - - Cali - - - 2011
- Leonardo Duque - - - Points Race- - - Cali - - - 2008
- Leonardo Narváez - - - Keirin - - - Cali - - - 2008
- Leonardo Duque - - - Points Race - - - Aguascalientes - - - 2003
- Teams Pursuit - - - Aguascalientes - - - 2003
Juan P. Forero
- Marlon Pérez - - - Points Race - - - Cali - - - 2001
- Maria L. Calle - - - Individual Pursuit- - - Cali - - - 2001